8mm, 16mm & 35mm Film Transfer to HD 1080p & 2K
Primitive 8mm & 16mm Film transfer setups are still in existence and still widely used today. With This process, film is projected, videotaped then transferred to a DVD recorder, ie “straight transfers”. Dvds are then “ripped” using software to create Mp4 Files for the unsuspecting! Quality is poor, images are Muddy, Blurred and Film Frame is Misaligned with noticeable flicker. Examples for Comparison is posted under the portfolio section.
With today’s technology that allows us to Create & Produce amazing results, your films DO NOT DESERVE to be transferred by an outdated process that dates back to the early 80s!
At Digital Video & Film Lab, we invest in the latest technology to bring all our clients High Quality Digital Files in HD & 2k. We perfectly match our technology with Highly experienced Film Technicians.
Transparency is key for our process & for your precious memories so, your welcome to take a tour of our facility & we will show you exactly how & what we do as we know your film’s heritage deserves it and most importantly will be past on to future generations. Please look at the picture above of the Rank Transfer machine we use, please note, you can’t buy that ONLINE!
CALL US TODAY TO DISCUSS YOUR PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS! 310.997.6448 or 818.812.6084
Text Us 747.444.5199
Email Us Ray@preservetodvd.com
Key Benefits of Transfering Your 8mm film with Digital Video & Film
- Highly Trained Specialists with over 25 years of experience in Motion Pictures Post Production Industry!
- HD & 2K Frame by Frame Telecine Scanners with Full Color and Film Restoration. Original Aspect Ratio Maintained!
- Lossless Codecs such as Apple Pro Res etc are created directly from Film Scanners to insure Highest Quality, in HD or 2K.
- Color Corrected, Enhanced, Exposure Corrected, Back-lighting adjusted and edited, SCENE BY SCENE.
- Grain and Scratches are removed.
- Prices are “All Inclusive” meaning final transfers include Digital Files & Blu Ray or DVDs.
- Includes Film Repair and prices are based on Film Footage & NOT Reel Sizes.
- Each Reel is scanned to a Separate File so you don’t have to worry about out of Sequence Reels.
Here is our process once we receive your films
- All Films are inspected visually for any damage. Reports will be discussed.
- Films are measured to determine accurate footage count.
- Final Estimates emailed and we will consult with clients for approval.
- Upon approval, we will begin the process of Cleaning and Lubricating. Dust and Dirt is removed from film to expose clarity, saturation and proper exposure as intended in the original film.
- We begin the Scanning Process In HD or 2K.
- Film is Fully Restored with Color and Full Scale Corrections.
- Files Remastered, Blu ray for HD or DVD is fully authored from Digital File with customize scene selection.
- Quality Checked & Inspected before delivery.
We are Members of the National Film Preservation Board and with over 25 years of experience, we bridge the gap between 8mm Film Conversion and Quality Transfers.
Owner brings over 18 Years of experience from the motion picture industry where he post supervised over 8 Motion Pictures.
LET’S TALK ABOUT WHAT WE DON’T DO....
- WE DON’T STRAIGHT TRANSFER YOUR 8MM & 16MM FILMS TO DVD, THEN USE SOFTWARE TO “RIP” OUT MP4 FILES FROM THE DVD. THIS IS A PRIMITIVE PROCESS THAT CREATES POOR QUALITY!
- WE DON’T USE PROJECTORS & VIDEO CAMERA FOR TRANSFERS
- WE DON’T COMPRESS YOUR FILMS TO FIT ON DVDS. THIS PROCESS REDUCES QUALITY. WE DIGITIZE AT HIGHEST QUALITY WITHOUT COMPRESSION. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES ARE NEEDED FOR ALL TRANSFERS.
- FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE WE SELL MAC & PC COMPATIBLE HARD DRIVES & USB DRIVE
PARTIAL LIST OF VIDEO & FILM FORMATS WHICH WE CAN
CREATE DIGITAL FILES FROM.
- - PLANNING ON EDITING YOUR VIDEOS?
- - UPLOADING TO YOUTUBE OR VIMEO, TO SHARE WITH FAMILY?
- - YOUR VIDEOS ENCODED FOR IPAD, IPHONE.
PARTIAL LIST OF DIGITAL VIDEO FILE TYPES WE CREATE.
OUR PRICE STRUCTURE IS SIMPLE
$25 TO $39 FOR CONSUMER FORMATS
$59 TO $79 FOR PROFESSIONAL FORMATS
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE WE SELL MAC & PC COMPATIBLE HARD DRIVES.WITH LARGE QUANTITIES WE
INCLUDE 1TB SEAGATE DRIVES.